Mad Science takes all the hassle and frustration out of running an after-school programme because we do all the work for you!
The following provides you with additional information as to how a Mad Science after-school programme works:
• Registration Materials: All registration forms are provided. They are customised for your programme, delivered to your school and bundled for each teacher’s classroom.
• Payment Processing: Mad Science can collect all funds through cheque to 12 Faraday Building, Nottingham Science Park, Nottingham NG7 2QP or by credit card on 01159221113
• Age/Year Group: Whilst our after school classes are invariably run for a range of children of different ages Mad Science offers instruction in an age appropriate manner using a variety of teaching methods to ensure each participant benefits from the instruction. A 'Vertical Learning' philosophy is at the very heart of what we do, with a strong emphasis on providing a valuable experience and instilling a desire to learn more.
• Instructors: We recruit individuals who have experience in classrooms or of working with groups of primary-aged children. It is mandatory for all our instructors to pass a series of background checks and our own internal assessment on their presentational abilities before they are allowed to deliver our sessions. All instructors carry up to date CRBs.
• Supplies: Mad Science provides all the equipment and materials required to run the after-school programme. Our certified instructors arrive in Mad Science lab coats at least 15 minutes before the class begins, to set-up their equipment. At the end of the class, the Mad Scientist makes sure the room is neat and tidy.
• Take-Home Materials: During each class, students make and take home a science project related to the topic covered in that class. Along with this take-home project, students can alos be provoded with an electronic summary Take-Home Card that describes what they learned during class along with additional activities to extend their science fun and learning at home!
Testimonials form Schools:
Mad Science has really engaged the children and provided a platform for enriching their interest and knowledge of science.
Havelock Infant School, Northamptonshire
Very enthusiastic Mad Scientist-lots of enthusiasm from all children (25 out of 43 pupils booked onto the course) Very good skills with pupils-she spotted a potential SEN child and encoraged him to be a helper. I hope there are a few years left of worth of science areas not covered this time.
Hemington Primary School, Leicestershire
Thanks for the fabulous assembly - thoroughly enjoyable. Fabulous feedback from both pupils and staff.
East Hunsbury Primary School, Northamptonshire
School and science suddenly became exciting once he attended the Mad Science after school clubs.
Alison McIntrye, Parent. Nottinghamshire
My son has recently completed his first term of Mad Science after-school classes. He attends Bringhurt Primary and stays after school on a Thursday. He has had a great time and looked forward to the lessons every week.
The lessons seem to have been simply, yet brilliantly, constructed. It's great that the children have been given something to bring away with them too. My son can't wait to get home and construct things then give us a demonstration.
The work books are also a great idea. My son is only 5, so sometimes his explanations get a little muddled. I can now understand what he's done and have a discussion about each topic with him. I did e-mail the address on the workbook header with my feedback, but it didn't send.
I hope that you will continue running these classes in the future, however, if you have no plans to, I would be very interested in attending classes externally and would be grateful for details. I shall also be considering a birthday party in September.
Thank you again.
Ben and Sharon Slade, Parent, Leicestershire
I just wanted to thank you for the 6 week course you ran at English Martyrs school in Long Eaton.
My children, Hannah and Isaac Smith, had a fantastic time and were really interested in everything you did.
Liz Smith, Parent, Derbyshire
"This has raised the profile of science with both pupils and parents."
Terry Beale, Headteacher, Costock, Nottinghamshire
"All the club leaders were enthusiastic and really helped to make science fascinating and fun for the children - so we loved the opportunity to run your club at our school. Thanks!"
Mrs Kimpson, Headteacher, Alderman Pounder Infants, Nottinghamshire
"(The children) found the hands-on activities exciting, fun, & educational - they couldn't wait for the next session."
Jane Monaghan, St Clares Catholic Primary, Leicestershire
“I feel the mad Science club was a big success. Following the very exciting assembly we had enough children interested to run 2 groups. I would be interested in running the club in the future.”
Kevin Briffett, Rylands Junior School, Nottingham